UPenn Fine Arts Senior Thesis Blog

Friday, January 30, 2009

Jeff Krichmar Has Wit

The "qualifications" section of Jeff Krichmar's website (www.krichmar.com) begins: "24 years ago I left my mother's vaginal canal. 20 years later I won the Adobe Design Achievement Award for interactive design. Two days later, I got kicked out of art school..." This guy's designs are as bold and humorous as he is. His identity/collateral system created for a Kentucky-based gourmet fast food restaurant is almost sophisticated enough to make grease look good for you. He created an absurd (yet cute) line of cereal with corresponding packaging for astronauts--Buzz Lightyear would surely approve. My favorite: his print ad campaign for Birthright Israel. With slogans like "Cheaper than JDate. Easier to get into than med school," Krichmar clearly understands how to appeal to his target audience.



No comments:

Blog Archive